Have you ever gone to the dentist for a problem, only to learn that you were going to have to see 1 or even several specialists to get all your treatment done? It’s a bit irritating and inconvenient, isn’t it? Even having to make appointments at the dentist and the orthodontist to get a cleaning and then braces means multiple trips, the doctors are (hopefully) communicating to make sure your treatment runs smoothly, etc. Certainly, this can be done very successfully, and I’m fortunate to work with some great specialists myself, but it’s still a bit inconvenient, don’t you think?
Specialist-Level Dentistry in Charlotte NC Dental Office
Just to be perfectly clear (gotta comply with state regulations, of course): I am a “General” dentist. What does that mean, really? Well, it means that I am allowed to perform pretty much every dental procedure of which I’m capable, unlike a dental specialist, at least in North Carolina, where regulations limit them to the area of their specialty. The catch is this: if I offer a procedure usually done by a specialist, i.e. an orthodontist, endodontist, periodontist, etc., I have to make sure I can do it as well as that specialist can do it. Of course, that requires that I really know my stuff!
Now, given that I am a serious dental geek, there are several reasons I offer and perform a wide variety of procedures:
- I absolutely love learning and getting better at what I do;
- I like having total control over the outcome;
- I know my patients like convenience and getting everything done in 1 place;
- The variety keeps me from getting bored.
How Many Services Do We Offer?
Now, if you browse our website, you can read all this, but let me summarize a bit (this is about convenience, right? LOL):
- Laser Periodontal TherapyTM, aka LANAP – treatment of moderate-to-severe gum disease with no scalpel, no stitches, minimal discomfort, a proven track record and research.
- Cosmetic Gum Surgery to decrease/eliminate a gummy smile
- Perio-prosthodontic Gum Surgery for healthy gums and crowns
- CEREC Same-Day Porcelain Crowns & Digital Impressions
- Cosmetic Dentistry, including Teeth Whitening, Porcelain Veneers, and Full-Mouth Reconstruction
- The NTI-tss nightguard, which is FDA approved for treatment of migraines and chronic tension headaches, as well as being about the most comfortable and easy-to-wear nightguard available
- Tooth-colored fillings and silver dental fillings
- Root Canals and Dental Emergencies, even retreating failed root canals
- Microscope-enhanced Dentistry to extremely precise dentistry
- Six-Month (Almost) Invisible Braces – your smile can be straight in the time between 2 dental check-ups
- Comprehensive Orthodontics for Teens and Adults
So one thing I don’t do yet? I don’t place dental implants myself – YET! That’s a goal for 2012.
Some people may tell you that no single dentist can do all of these things well, but they’re wrong. Admittedly, it takes a HUGE commitment of time for me to stay current on all these things so I can provide them to you, but because I love what I do, it’s not even like work.
Get a Root Canal and Crown in Just ONE Appointment
As an example, here are Before/After x-rays of a patient from whom we completed a root canal (treating a badly abscessed tooth because of a huge cavity, all while the all-porcelain dental crown was made with our CEREC CAD/CAM system. This gentleman was from Richmond, VA and was only working in Charlotte for a short time before moving to yet another city for another assignment, so he needed everything done quickly. It took all our technology to make it happen, but he’s all finished, and this should last him a very long time.
So if you are looking for a dentist who can offer you a LOT of different options, who knows how to properly diagnose and treat a very wide range of conditions at a very high level, then come check us out. We also offer the Quality Dental Plan and Interest-Free Payment Plans through CareCredit to make complex and expensive dental treatment affordable.
To make an appointment for a Complimentary Consultation:
Request an Appointment Online or call us at 704-364-7069.
We’ll look forward to meeting you soon!